Without your knowledge, someone might block you on Snapchat. If you are too proud to directly ask them if they have blocked you in the first place, it is possible to find it out by yourself. Luckily, how to know if someone blocked you on Snapchat is not that difficult.
Although this platform doesn’t send any notification if you have been blocked, there are few ways to know it. When you stop getting notifications via app on smartphone, chances are that you are blocked. But what if you don’t realize it? Scroll through and find out more!
Table of Contents
How to Know If Someone Blocked You on Snapchat in 3 Ways
It may be easy to know if you stop receiving notification from someone who frequently interacts with you. But if the person rarely chats you or use Snapchat, it is a bit tricky to realize if you have been blocked.
Here are several ways to tell if someone on Snapchat has blocked you:
1. Check Recent Conversations
The most obvious sign if you are blocked is the person won’t appear on your conversation list. This method only works if you recently chatted with the user whom you suspect. Make sure you don’t clear the conversation before performing this step.
Here is how to check recent conversation and confirm if someone blocked you:
- Launch Snapchat app on your mobile device.
- Navigate to the conversations tab. You can tap on the speech bubble icon at the bottom, to the left of the camera button.
- Scroll down and find if the person you suspect appears in the chat list. If the person doesn’t appear, it is a big clue that you may be blocked.
If you don’t have a recent conversation with the user you suspect, this is not a good way to try. You can jump to the next step.
2. Search Their Username
Another sign of being blocked by someone is that you won’t be able to search their username. When you search for their username, they won’t show up. Rather than being deleted from their Friends list, it is more likely you are blocked.
When you are deleted from Friends list, they will still appear on search. But when you are blocked, there is no way to trace their account. So if you try to search a specific username but it doesn’t show up, chances are that you have been blocked.
Here is how to search someone by username:
- Open Snapchat, navigate to conversations tab.
- Tap a magnifying glass icon and type the username.
- The user should show up below My Friends label, which means you are still in their Friends list. But if you have been deleted from their list, the name should appear below Add Friends.
- If the page shows no results, then you might be blocked.
However, there’s another possibility when your search doesn’t show any results. Rather than blocking your Snapchat account, the user may have deleted their account. Since this is not a confirmation, you might need to try the next step below.
3. Have Someone Check Their Name
In the event that you cannot confirm if someone blocked you or deleted their account, have a friend to check. Ask a friend to locate the user in question and see if the username shows up. Of course, you have to make sure your friend is not blocked by the user.
If your friend cannot locate the account, it is a confirmation that the person deleted their account. But if it shows up in their search, it is positive that you have been blocked.
How to Block Someone on Snapchat
Well, now you knew how to know if someone blocked you on Snapchat. If it is already confirmed that you are blocked, you have two choices: ask the person directly about the reason or let it go.
In fact, Snapchat offers block feature to create a comfortable social media environment for all users. You can also do the same if someone annoys you. How to block someone on Snapchat is pretty simple and it can be easily handled in a few steps.
Follow the instructions below to block someone on Snapchat:
- Launch the app on your mobile device.
- Open Friends screen by swiping to the right.
- Scroll down and locate the username you wish to block.
- Once you find it, tap and hold the username to open more options.
- Tap Block.
What if the person you want to block is not on your Friends list? Snapchat allows you to block not only friends but also non-friends. Do these steps to block someone who is not on your Friends list:
- Open Snapchat, swipe to the right to go to Friends list.
- Tap the search icon at the top of the screen and type the username you want to block.
- Once you find it, tap and hold the name, choose More, and select Block.
The person in question will not receive notification if they have been blocked. But they won’t be able to view your Story and send you chats or Snaps so you really cut them off. Besides, your username won’t show up when they search so you can enjoy Snapchat with peace of mind.
How to Unblock Someone on Snapchat
What if you make up your mind? Whether the person asked for apologies or you simply change your perspective, you can easily unblock someone on Snapchat. Do it right from the settings screen and you will get connected once more.
Here is how to do it:
- Open Snapchat, tap your profile icon.
- Tap Settings with the gear icon. It should be in the top-right of the screen.
- In the settings screen, navigate to Blocked option in the bottom of the screen.
- Find a username you want to unblock, then tap the X button.
- The person is unblocked.
Once unblocked, your friend in question can view your stories and send chats. Your username will also appear when they search for you.
In short, Snapchat comes with block feature but it doesn’t send any notifications if you have been blocked by someone. Luckily, how to know if someone blocked you on Snapchat is quite simple so you can figure it out by yourself.