Most social apps don’t send any notification when someone blocked or deleted you and Snapchat is no exception. Just because you won’t receive notification doesn’t mean you can’t figure it out. How to know if someone deleted you on Snapchat is not that difficult, though it can be a little bit tricky.
Several things will happen when someone deleted you from their friends list, such as their stories stop appearing on your profile and you won’t be able to send snaps. From these signs, you can tell if a person removed you from the list.
How to Tell If Someone Deleted You on Snapchat
It doesn’t come easy to know if someone has removed you but nobody says it’s impossible. There are few ways to figure it out even without asking directly to the person you suspect. Do the following methods and you will find the answer right away.
1. Send a Snap
Sending a snap is the easiest way to know whether you are still on their friends list. As mentioned previously, you won’t be able to send snaps once you are removed from the list. By doing this, you can confirm is the person deleted you.
Follow these steps to send a snap to a person you suspect:
- Run the Snapchat app on your smartphone.
- On the home screen, tap the chat bubble in the lower left of the screen.
- Navigate to the user you want to send a snap and double tap.
- Tap the capture icon to take a picture.
- Select a small arrow icon to send the snap.
- Check on the status below the username. If it shows Pending and never turns into delivered, it is positive that the person may have removed you from your friends list.
If you need to double-check, there is another way to know if someone removed you on Snapchat. Jump to the second method below.
2. Check on Their Snap Score
Snap score is one of the unique features brought to you by Snapchat. This score shows the total sum of snaps a user has sent and received. It can be found next to the username and below Snapcode, a unique QR code in a yellow box and Bitmoji.
How to know if someone removed you by checking on the snap score? It is interesting to know that snap score will be hidden if they don’t follow you. So it is pretty easy to confirm whether someone deleted you from the list.
Here is how to know if someone deleted you on Snapchat by checking on someone’s snap score:
- Launch Snapchat and open a conversation with the person you wish to check.
- Tap their profile icon to open their Snap Score. It should be below the yellow box and next to their username.
If you already opened the snapcode but it doesn’t display any score, it is confirmed that you are removed. But what if you haven’t had a recent conversation with the person in question? You can open their snapcode right from the friends list.
- Navigate to a name you want to check the score. Once you find it, press and hold on the name.
- Tap Share Snapcode.
- You will be able to see the yellow box and username. If you can see the snap score, this means you are not removed. But if not, you have been deleted from their friends list.
Even though someone removed you from their list, they will appear under your My Friends section. In other words, you can still search them and see their profile. It is pretty different with the block feature.
3. Check on Story Subscriptions
How to know if someone deleted you on Snapchat by checking on story subscriptions? You must remember that if you are on someone’s friends list, their stories should appear under Friends sections. But if their stories suddenly stop appearing or go to the Subscriptions section, you are removed.
What does Subscriptions mean? It is a section that shows stories of Snapchatters whom you follow but they are not following you back. But the stories are only available if they set their privacy to Public.
How to Delete Someone on Snapchat
While someone may delete you from their friends list, you can also remove someone for whatever reasons. Whether a person starts to annoy you or keeps sending spam chats, it’s a great idea to delete them from your friends list.
But please note that delete is different from block. When you delete someone, the person can still find your contact and may add you later. Besides, if your privacy is set to Everyone or Public, chances are that the person in question is able to view your story.
When you block someone, this means you cut them off. They don’t have a chance to interact with you or even find your contact.
Here is how to delete someone from your friends list:
- Launch Snapchat and navigate to Friends list.
- Locate the user you want to delete.
- Once you find it, tap and hold until you see a window with a list of options.
- Select More.
- Then choose Remove Friend.
- Click Remove on a confirmation popup.
After this, the person is no longer in your friends list. Just as with other platforms, Snapchat doesn’t send any notification about this. Your friends will not realize that they have been removed unless they figure it out.
In order that they don’t add you in the future, you might need to consider blocking them. Here is what you need to do to block a user on Snapchat:
- On the Friends list, find a user you wish to block.
- Tap and hold the name to reveal a list of options.
- Select More, than tap Block.
- Click Block on the confirmation window.
Once a user is blocked, they won’t be able to search for your account. Besides, they don’t have a chance to interact with you on Snapchat.
To sum up, how to know if someone deleted you on Snapchat is quite easy. Although you won’t receive notification from Snapchat, you can check on the signs. Don’t worry, the user will not know anything if you try to figure it out.