Let’s say that you’re going to move from Android to iPhone. This means you have to transfer data, files, including messages to a new iPhone. And if you’re using WhatsApp, it becomes necessary to learn how to transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to iPhone.
Transferring messages to different phone types doesn’t come easy but still, it’s possible to do. Whether you move from Android to iPhone or vice versa, there’re always ways to keep your WhatsApp messages. Scroll through!
3 Ways to Transfer WhatsApp Messages from Android to iPhone
While history backup works well to transfer messages between the same phone type—Android to Android or iPhone to iPhone, it doesn’t work for different phone types. Simply put, you have to find other alternatives so you don’t lose messages history from your old phone.
There are at least four different ways to move WhatsApp messages to the iPhone, including via email chat, changing account feature, and using third-party applications. Here’s a complete list of ways to transfer WhatsApp messages between different phone types.
1. Via Email Chat
It’s impossible to directly transfer WhatsApp messages via backup but it’s possible to send conversations to email. You can select desired conversations and send them to your email manually. Although it takes a little extra time and effort, it is a great way to keep your messages.
Please note that the messages won’t be restored to your WhatsApp. Instead, it can be accessed on email on your new iPhone. Here’s how to do it:
- Launch WhatsApp. Find any conversation you wish to send and open it.
- Tap on More option with three-dot icon on the top-right of your screen.
- Choose More, then select Export chat. In some phones, you may see Email Conversation option.
- Decide whether you want to export without media or include media.
- Next, choose the email app you wish to send the message. You may use Yahoo Mail, Gmail, or other email app.
- Enter your own email address and hit Send.
- Once you access email on the new iPhone, the messages will be there.
It’s important to note that your chats will appear as a text file and it won’t be able to be imported to WhatsApp. With different appearance, it might feel a bit confusing to read the messages.
2. Changing Feature
There’s a simple WhatsApp trick that only few people know to transfer messages—you can change phone number while switching to a different phone. No need to worry about losing your messages when changing number because WhatsApp has got your back.
Do this simple trick to transfer your messages:
- Insert a new SIM card on your Android so you have two active numbers.
- Launch WhatsApp, go to Settings.
- Select Account, then tap on Change Number.
- Read the instructions and click Next.
- Enter your old and new numbers in provided fields. You should receive a unique code, enter to verify.
- Click Next.
This way, you can get a backup on local storage from a new number so you can move it to iPhone. Use the new SIM card on your iPhone.
3. Via Third-Party App
Another solution to move WhatsApp messages to iPhone is using third-party apps. There are few apps that work well to get this done, such as MobileTrans. This app allows you to move messages in one click.
How to transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to iPhone is completely easy. Without worrying about losing your data, it helps transfer all WhatsApp data to other devices safely and quickly. On top of all, it doesn’t delete original data.
Here’s how to move your messages to iPhone:
- Download and install MobileTrans on your Windows or Mac computer.
- Connect both your iOS and Android devices to the computer.
- Launch the app and choose WhatsApp Transfer.
- Navigate to the side bar and select WhatsApp, then choose Transfer WhatsApp Messages.
- MobileTrans will automatically detect your devices and mark them as source and destination. Check if the placement is correct. If it’s wrong, click on the Flip button.
- After the source and destination is correct, click Start to transfer WhatsApp chats.
- Wait until the process is completed. Once it’s finished, you will be notified to remove your devices.
Now check if the application works well on your device. Launch WhatsApp on iPhone and see if the messages have been transferred.
How to Transfer WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to Android
So you’ve been using iPhone for a while and you finally find that it is not the right device for you. When you decide to get back to Android, this means you need to know how to transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android.
Luckily, transferring messages to Android is quite similar to moving messages to iPhone. There are at least two easy ways to try, so check this out!
1. Via Email Chat
Much like when you transfer messages to the iPhone, you can directly export chats and send them to email so you can access them on Android device. Here is how to transfer WhatsApp chat from iPhone to Android via email chat:
- Launch WhatsApp, then go to Settings.
- Choose Chat Settings and select Email Chat.
- Pick WhatsApp chats you want to transfer. You’ll need to choose between Attach Media or Without Media. Please note when you choose to attach media, it will generate a larger email.
- Enter email address in provided field and select Send.
On your Android phone, open your email account and check if your messages are there. This method allows you to access messages on Android but you cannot transfer it to WhatsApp. It may take a little more time to send chat one by one but it is one of effective ways to transfer messages to Android.
2. Using Third-Party App
MobileTrans works well to transfer WhatsApp messages from and to Android. Using this third-party app, data transfer between devices are easier than you think. Without the need for transferring each conversation manually, you can move them all at once.
The steps are pretty similar to transferring from Android to iPhone. Before transferring your messages, make sure you’ve downloaded and installed MobileTrans on Windows or Mac computer. Follow the instructions below:
- Open MobileTrans on your computer and select WhatsApp Transfer.
- Connect your iOS and Android devices to the computer, then select Transfer WhatsApp messages. The program will automatically detect your device and it will choose and destination devices.
- Make sure the source is iOS device and the destination is Android. If the placement is wrong, click Flip.
- If everything is correct, click Start.
- Keep the devices connected during the transfer. Once it’s finished, you will be notified. At this point, you can safely remove the devices.
Check on your Android by launching WhatsApp app. If the transfer is successful, you will see new messages transferred to the app.
All in all, changing devices doesn’t mean losing all your data and messages. Learn how to transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to iPhone and keep your important conversations.