Facebook group is a great feature that allows you to connect with people with similar interests. If you just posted important information and want all group members to read it, you can simply pin the post. Luckily, how to pin a post on Facebook group is completely simple.
A pinned post stays at the top of the page so group members will see it at the first place. Depending on the settings, group members can post on Facebook group but only admins can pin a post. Pinned post stays for 7 days but it can be easily unpinned before it expires.
2 Ways to Pin a Post on Facebook Group
You can pin a post on Facebook group from smartphone and desktop. Either way, it only requires a few steps before you bring the post to the top of the page. Before pinning a post, be sure you are an admin who has a privilege to get this done.
Here are two ways to pin a post on your Facebook group:
1. How to Pin a Post on Facebook Group Using Smartphone
When you have a Facebook app on mobile device, it’s quite simple to pin a post. All you need to do is launch the app, find a post you wish to pin, and mark it. The post will appear on the top of the page instantly.
Follow step by step instructions below:
- Launch Facebook app on your Android or iPhone. If needed, log in using your email and password.
- On the News Feed page, tap the Menu with three-line icon in the top right of your screen.
- Select Groups, then choose Your Groups button.
- Navigate to Groups You Manage, then select See All. Choose the group you want to pin a post.
- Write your message and post.
- Tap the three-dot icon in the right of the post, then tap Mark as announcement.
- The post will be pinned and appear at the top of the page.
Once pinned, group members will see the post once they open this Facebook group. The post will stay at the top for 7 days before it is automatically removed unless you pin it. Here’s how to do it:
- On the right of the announcement post, tap More.
- Choose Pin to top.
Now the post will stay at the top as long as you want. To remove it from the top of the page, simply unpin the post.
2. How to Pin a Post on Facebook Group Using Desktop
Now let’s say that you don’t install Facebook app on smartphone or simply need to work with a bigger screen. You can pin a post on Facebook group using desktop. Open Facebook website from computer browser and get things done.
Here is how to pin a post on Facebook group if you are using Mac or PC:
- Go to Facebook website from your computer browser.
- On the home page, navigate to the left panel and click Groups.
- Go to the left side where you can see Groups you manage. Click on a group you want to pin a post.
- Write a message and post to the group.
- Click the small arrow on the right of the post, then click on Mark as Announcement.
- The post now appears on the top of the page. You can see it under Announcement.
As pinned post only stays for 7 days, you can make it stay longer so you don’t need to pin it over and over again. Click the small arrow again and select Pin to top. Now the post stays at the top as long as you wish.
How to Unpin a Post on Facebook Group
When you mark a post as an announcement and hit Pin to top, it will stay there so other group members can easily find it. What if the information is no longer needed? You can easily unpin the post and remove it from the announcement.
There are ways to remove a post from the top of the page. If you previously marked it as an announcement and need to ditch it before 7 days, you can hit remove announcement option. Here’s how to do it:
- Launch Facebook and open your group.
- Find a post you want to remove, it should be under Announcement.
- If you are using desktop, click the small arrow on the right of the post.
- Select Remove announcement.
Now the post will be removed from the Announcement list, but you can still find it in the feed. It may get lost when you or other members post in the group.
What if you already hit Pin to top? No worries, it can be easily unpinned so it won’t appear on the top of the page. Here’s how to do it:
- Visit your Facebook and go to your group.
- Locate the post you want to unpin. It should be at the top.
- If you are using mobile device, hit More with three-dot icon on the right of the post.
- Select Unpin from the top.
Your post will now be unpinned from the top of the page. You can post another message and pin it so other group members stay informed.
Please note that announcement and pin are two different things. When you mark a post as an announcement, it is duplicated so you can find it both in the feed and at the top of the page. But when you pin a post, it moves to the top of the feed and you cannot find it below.
If you are a Facebook group admin, it’s essential to know how to pin a post on Facebook group. Make sure your members are well-informed with announcement and pin feature.