If you really like playing games, you must often access Steam to play games. However, when you play a game on Steam sometimes a lot of notifications appear on the screen. Of course, notifications that often appear are quite disturbing when you play on Steam. Therefore, you should know how to turn off Steam notifications.
Notifications on Steam usually appear in the lower right corner of the screen. Actually, this notification is useful for you but it will be a problem when this notification affects your performance when playing games. Before you know how to turn off notifications on Steam, you should know what Steam notifications are.
What Is Steam Notification?
Steam notifications are alerts that will appear on the screen when you play Steam. On Steam, there are 5 notifications you need to know about. The 5 notifications are when your friend joins a game, when your friend comes online, and when you receive a direct chat message.
In addition, other notifications are when you receive chat room notifications and when there are group events and announcements. Event group events and announcements are notifications that inform users about upcoming Steam gaming events. The notification is useful but when it appears in a pop-up on the screen, the notification is quite disturbing.
Therefore, many users find out how to turn off Steam notifications. There are many reasons why you should know how to turn off all notifications on Steam. If you are curious to find out, here are the reasons why you need to know how to turn off all notifications on Steam.
Why do You Need to Know How to Turn Off Steam Notifications?
You should know how to turn off Steam notifications for your convenience when playing on Steam. This is because sometimes many notifications appear when you are busy playing steam. Notifications that appear are also very diverse, for example is a notification when you receive a new message or a notification list of your friends who are playing steam.
Therefore, notifications that appear on Steam really bother you. Meanwhile, you want to play Steam calmly, with no distractions whatsoever. Steam notifications also sometimes appear when you want to do a Screen Capture so this is very disturbing. In fact, the pop-up notification is not very important at all and disturbs the screen you want to Screen Capture.
So, it’s important for you to know how to turn off Steam notifications so that you can play without interruptions. If you want to know how you can follow the steps below. The steps described in this article are very easy for you to apply so that Steam notifications no longer appear.
How to Turn Off Steam Notifications?
When you play Steam, sometimes you are disturbed by the notifications that appear on the screen. Therefore, you should know how to turn off Steam notifications so you can play the game comfortably. If you want to know how to turn off notifications on Steam, you can follow the steps below:
- First of all, open the Steam application on your computer.
- Then, in the upper left corner of the screen, you can click ‘Friends’ and select ‘View Friends List’.
- Click on the gear icon to manage your friends’ list on Steam. On the left side of the screen on your Steam account, you can click ‘Notifications’.
- Unclear the checkbox of each notification that you want to not receive after the ‘Notifications’ page appears.
Also, there are several notifications that you can choose to turn off. Here the steps that you have to follow:
- If you don’t want to see notifications when your theme joins a game on Steam, you can uncheck the ‘When a friend joins a game’ notification.
- Uncheck the notification ‘When a friend comes online’ when you don’t want to receive notifications when your friends are online on Steam.
- Then, you can uncheck ‘When I receive a direct chat message’ notification. If you do not want to receive notifications when you receive a direct chat message.
- Uncheck ‘When I receive a chat room’ notification if you don’t want to receive notifications when you receive a chat room.
- Finally, uncheck ‘Group events and announcements’ when you don’t want to receive notifications about group events and announcements from Steam.
Now you know how to turn off Steam notifications, which you can do easily. You can play games on Steam without any interruptions with no more notifications appearing on the screen. In fact, you can choose what notifications you only want to receive.