Instagram is a versatile social media platform that is great for entertainment and business. Not only does it allow you to share snapshots, but also it lets you share work projects and business by placing a link in your bio. That becomes a question is how to put a link in your Instagram bio?
It only takes a few seconds to put a link in your bio. You can easily do it using Instagram app from a smartphone or using website from the desktop. You can also take advantages from Linktree to add multiple links to optimize the traffic.
Table of Contents
How to Put a Link in Your Instagram Bio via App
Putting a link in bio via the Instagram app is super simple. Only with a few steps, you can tailor the bio and bring it to the next level. Once added, your friends and followers can easily get into your page simply by clicking the link.
Follow the instructions below to put a link in your Instagram bio:
- Open the Instagram app on your smartphone. If you’ve logged out in the previous session, login using your username and password.
- On the home screen, tap your profile icon on the bottom-right corner of the screen. This action will take you to your profile page.
- Tap Edit Profile under your bio.
- Below your photo, you will see some information fields, including Name, Username, Website, and Bio. Tap on Website field and add your website address. Be sure the address is correct.
- Click Done in the top-right corner of the screen.
A link is successfully added into your bio. Go to your profile and check if the link is correct. Try to click the link to see if it works. The link could be anything, such as your YouTube channel, blog, or business website.
How to Put a Link in Your Instagram Bio via Website
Another way to place a link in your bio is using website. Without the need for downloading Instagram application, easily log into your account and place a link. The advantage of using website is that you can access it from any device, both smartphone and desktop.
Here is how to place a link in your Instagram bio via website:
- From your browser, go to Instagram website and log in to your account.
- On the home screen, click the profile icon on the top-right corner of the screen. It will bring you to your profile page.
- Click Edit Profile.
- On the right panel of edit profile window, navigate Website box. Type your website address you want to include in bio.
- Click Submit button to save changes. It should be at the bottom of your page.
Go to your profile and see if the website is already added. It should be in blue color so you can easily click it. Check if the website is correct and click on the link to check if it works well. If it doesn’t, you might mistyped the address. Repeat the steps above to put a new link in bio.
How to Put a Link in Your Instagram Bio with Linktree
Linktree is a free tool that provides you with a link that houses all the contents you want to drive the followers to. It helps optimize social media traffics, such as Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook. Many bloggers, artists, and business owners have used this tool to tailor their bios.
Why should you learn how to put a link in your Instagram bio with Linktree? You don’t have much space in bio so it’s a good decision to keep all the information concise, including business links. Linktree wraps all the contents in one link so your bio looks professional and organized.
When your followers click the link, they will see a list of contents that can be chosen as they like. Not only does it keep your bio clean and nice, but it also improves your Instagram traffic.
Here is how to place a link in your bio using Linktree:
- Go to Linktree website.
- Sign up for a Linktree account. Click Sign Up Free and fill the data, including username, password, email, and others.
- When signing up, you will need to add business name and choose three categories. Select up to 3 categories that describe your Linktree.
- After choosing a business name and category, choose your Linktree version. You may opt to use free or pro versions. If you want to use free version, click Continue with Free button on the left side.
- Next, add links you want to wrap in Linktree link. Select add new link then type your website along with name and description.
- After adding all the links, copy Linktree link and go to your Instagram profile.
- Paste Linktree link in the website box and click Done.
Once added, your followers can click the link and choose a content they would like to open. This is a brilliant way to drive your followers to multiple links while keeping your bio clean and brief.
What Link in Instagram Bio Means
Placing a link in your bio can help improve the traffic of your Instagram. It is basically a call to action that drives your followers to click the link so you can promote more information outside Instagram. It may be a YouTube channel, website, blog, and much more.
However, using a long and tedious URL not only ruins the whole appearance of your perfect profile but also makes your bio look unprofessional. That’s why you should keep the link short so your followers will be attracted to click it.
When it comes to short link, you may opt to use a generic short URL or custom short URL. Both types of short links are great to incorporate in your bio and are widely used by popular names. But if you want a link that looks better, custom short URL could be an option.
In a nutshell, placing a link in your bio helps drive followers to access further information about your business, products, or work projects. How to put a link in your Instagram bio is super easy, either using app or desktop. But if you want to incorporate multiple links, Linktree offers a huge help.