Leaving a comment on social media platforms such as Instagram is fun as you can share thought, show appreciation, or leave questions to a content. But for whatever reason, you might need to edit the comment before other users read it. How to edit a comment on Instagram?
Instagram doesn’t allow users to edit comments that have been posted. That means deleting the comment is the only option that you have to edit typos. Once deleted, you can post a new comment. Luckily, deleting a comment on Instagram is quite simple both in smartphone and desktop.
Table of Contents
How to Delete a Comment via Instagram App
Installing Instagram app on your smartphone offers a lot of benefits for a better experience. You can receive a notification to keep yourself updated. And, it allows you to enjoy easier navigation and operation with an intuitive interface.
Here is how to delete a comment if you are using Instagram app.
- Launch the Instagram app on your smartphone.
- Find a post where you left a comment. This can be your own post or a post made by other user.
- Once the post is found, locate the comment you would want to delete.
- If you are on an Android, tap and hold the comment you would like to delete. Or if you are on iPhone, swipe the comment to the left.
- This action will highlight the comment. You will see a trash icon appears on the top-right corner of the screen.
- Tap the trash icon to delete the comment.
- Now your old comment has been deleted.
- To leave a new comment, simply tap the provided field below the post.
- Tap the blue button to post the comment.
Now your new comment will appear on the post and your friends can read it. Just wait for the response. As you have to type a new comment, you can add location, tag, or even change the whole content.
How to Delete a Comment via Website
If you don’t have Instagram app on your smartphone, you can learn how to edit a comment on Instagram via website. The steps are quite similar to deleting a comment via app so it shouldn’t give you a headache.
Follow the steps below:
- Open a browser from your smartphone or desktop.
- Log in with your username and password.
- Find a post where you commented and locate your comment.
- Hover over the comment and click Option with three dots on the right side.
- You will see a window pops up on the screen. It comes with three option including report, delete, and cancel.
- Click Delete to remove the comment. This action will delete your comment from the post.
- To post a new comment, click the provided field and add your text. Click Post.
As with leaving a comment via app, you can also add location or tag on the new comment. Now your friends will see the new comment.
How to Delete Someone’s Comment on Your Post
Friends or random people can react to your posts and leave their comments. But sometimes the comments can be offensive and you want to get rid of it. As you have a full control on the post, you can sort out which comment should be there and which ones should be deleted.
Deleting someone’s comment on your post is as easy as deleting your own comment. Follow the instructions below to get it done.
- Launch Instagram app on your smartphone and log in using your username and password.
- Locate the comment you would like to remove.
- Tap and hold the desired comment to highlight. You will see a notification on the top of the screen. The notification includes pin, information, and delete.
- Choose the trash can icon to delete the comment.
- The comment is successfully deleted and it won’t appear on your post.
When you delete someone’s comment, he will not get notified. Instagram doesn’t send notification because the control is yours. That means you can easily pick which comment to stay and which one should be removed.
How to edit a comment on Instagram can be done by deleting the old comment and repost a new one. Since it doesn’t provide edit feature, you might need to be careful when typing a comment on someone’s post. Be sure not to make typos or type something you will regret in the future.