Instagram story is a feature that allows you to post snapshots or videos that will disappear after 24 hours. Besides making your own story, this social media platform lets you repost someone’s story to share with the audience. Do you know how to repost an Instagram story?
Reposting stories on Instagram takes only a few seconds, especially if you are tagged. If not, you might need to take a few more steps to save the story on your device and post it manually. If you are a newbie on Instagram, learn more here how to repost a story right here.
How to Repost a Story on Instagram When You’re Tagged
Your friends might have tagged you in a story and you want to share it with followers. Or a happy customer might have mentioned your shop and you want to brag about it. When you are tagged or mentioned in a story, it will appear in your DM.
As the story will be automatically sent in a conversation, saving the post manually won’t be necessary. That means you can repost it directly from Instagram. How to repost a story on Instagram when you are tagged?
Follow the instructions below:
- Launch Instagram app on your smartphone. If you logged out in the previous session, log in using your username and password.
- In the home screen, tap the paper plane icon on the top-right corner. This action will open your Direct Message (DM).
- Tap a conversation from your friend to open the message. You will see a notification saying that your friend mentioned you in their story.
- Tap Add This to Your Story above the photo or video.
- Next, you will be taken to story editing mode.
- Edit the story if needed or simply post it directly to your story.
That’s how to repost an Instagram story when you have been tagged. One thing you should note, the story can only be reposted when it is visible. After it disappear from someone’s story, you won’t be able to repost it. So, you will need to be quick!
How to Share a Story When You’re Not Tagged
Now let’s say that you like a story but you are not mentioned in it. What should you do? Relax—you still have a chance to repost it but in a different way. Unlike the previous method, this time you will need to save the story on your device before reposting it to your own story.
Here is how to repost a story when you are not mentioned or tagged:
- Open Instagram app on your device, login if needed.
- Find a story you like. If it is a photo, you may take a screenshot to save it to your device. How to take a screenshot depends on your smartphone. Read more: Does Instagram Notify When You Screenshot a Story?
- If the story is a video, you will need to make a record. Use a pre-installed app on your phone or install a third-party app to get it done. Save the record to your device.
- Once you have saved the story, post it manually to your Instagram story.
However, this method is considered impolite because the owner probably dislikes the story is shared without permission. As an alternative, you can ask for the permission before taking a screenshot or making a record. Besides, you will need to make sure you tag the owner in your post.
How to Create a Story from an Instagram Post
What if you find a post you like and want to share it on the Instagram story? This platform has an official way to share a post made by others. Without the need for saving the post on the phone, you can easily add it to the story.
You don’t necessarily need to ask for permission from the original creator as your story will automatically link back to the creator. This is the most popular and easiest method to repost a content on your Instagram story.
How to repost an Instagram post on your story? Here is how to do it:
- Launch Instagram app on your Android or iOS. Log in if you’ve logged out in the previous session.
- Find a post you want to share on story.
- Tap paper plane icon below the post. You will be directed to message window.
- Choose Add post to your story. If you cannot find this option, it means the account is not public or re-sharing feature is disabled.
- The post will soon appear on your Instagram story. Edit if necessary, like adding text, sticker, or filter.
- Select Your Story to publish.
Now the post will be available on your story. Your friends will be able to see the story and it will disappear after 24 hours.
How to repost an Instagram story takes a few seconds. Despite the convenience, you might need to consider few things before reposting a story especially if you are not tagged. Be sure to ask for a permission from the original creator so everyone can enjoy this platform at its most.