Do you ever know how many friends you have on Snapchat? Since this app no longer has the feature that tells you the number of your friends, you need to find alternatives to achieve this goal. Luckily, how to see how many friends you have on Snapchat is not that challenging.
There are several tricks to check how many people on your friends list. Some methods might take extra time and effort than others but the result is worth it. Here’s a closer look at how to see many friends on your Snapchat account.
Table of Contents
Ways to Check People You’ve Added on Snapchat
For whatever reasons, you may need to know more about your friends list, including how many people are in. Unlike other platforms that allow you to check on the number instantly, Snapchat doesn’t make it easy since the feature has been removed from the app.
Despite this shortage, there is a way to figure it out. From Snap Map to manual counting, here are several alternatives to take into consideration.
1. Use Snap Map
Snap Map is among new features brought to you by Snapchat. Simply by clicking the location icon, you will be able to share location with selected friends. How to check the total sum of your friends using this feature? It may take extra time but works well to achieve the goal.
Follow the instructions below:
- Run the Snapchat app on your smartphone.
- Go to Snap Map by clicking the location icon. The icon should be in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Next, go to Snap Map Settings. You will need to click the gear icon in the top-right corner.
- Once you are in the Settings page, select friends who can see your location. By default, you can select Ghost Mode, My Friends, My Friends except, and Only These Friends.
- Select Only These Friends.
- After choosing this option, a friends list page will appear. Scroll down and navigate to All Friends.
- Put a tick on the Select All option. All of your friends will be ticked with a blue mark.
- Once everyone is selected, tap the Done button. Your friends’ names will appear under Only These Friends.
- Now go back to your Snapchat profile. In the profile, scroll down and navigate to the Snap Map section.
- You will find how many friends you have. It should be under Sharing Location.
Basically you are tricking the app. You choose Only These Friends as if you select particular friends to share the location. In reality, you have selected all friends so the app can show the real number of your friends.
Once you have seen the figure, go back to Snap Map settings and change it back to previous settings. This method might take several steps but it works well enough to satisfy your curiosity.
2. Count Friends Manually
How to see how many friends you have on Snapchat without changing Snap Map settings? You can count friends manually. This may sound traditional and exhausting but counting friends manually is another way to know how many friends you have.
This way can be taken into your consideration if you haven’t added too many people so it doesn’t take long to count. Go through the list and start counting. That’s how you can figure out an approximation of people on your Friends list.
Follow the steps below:
- Launch Snapchat app.
- Swipe right to navigate to Friends list.
- Go through the list and get the approximation of your friends.
Please note that counting through the list doesn’t give you an accurate number of friends. You will also count people who haven’t added you back as well as people who have removed you from their friends list. So, it is only an approximation of friends that you have.
3. Post a Story
Posting a story is another way to get an approximation of the total sum of your friends. The app will show you how many friends see your story so it can be an easy way to check how many people on your friends list.
Before posting a story, be sure your setting is set to Friends only. Once it is done, here is how to post a story on Snapchat:
- Tap the Snapchat icon on your home screen.
- Take a snap by tapping the capture button in the bottom-center of the screen.
- Edit the snap if necessary.
- Tap story icon. It is a box with + icon in the bottom-left of your screen.
- Select My Story.
Now that your story has been posted, you will know how many friends see your story. Wait until the story almost expires just to make sure all of your friends have seen it. It doesn’t show the real number of your friends but it is great for approximation.
Make sure your story is not public. If it is set to public, people who haven’t added you back will be able to see your story. Of course, it will not give you a good approximation.
How to Find and Add Friends on Snapchat
So now you know how many friends you have on Snapchat. If you want to get more friends. Fortunately, it is good news that adding friends on this platform is quite simple. There are different ways to find and add someone on Snapchat, from syncing phone contact to scanning snapcode.
In case you already have someone’s snapcode and want to add friends, you can easily scan it. Just make sure you have saved the snapcode in camera roll. Follow the instructions below:
- Run your Snapchat app.
- Go to Add Friends.
- Choose a screenshot or photo with snapcode in camera roll.
- Your app will locate the account, then add as friend.
- Now the person is added to your Friends list.
Not many people know that there is a limit on the number of friends on Snapchat. Previously, this platform allows you to have up to 2500 friends. Following the increase of its popularity, it now lets you have up to 5000 friends.
How to see how many friends you have on Snapchat is a bit tricky since this feature has been removed from the app. But with some alternatives, it is possible to figure out how many people are on your Friends list.