Everybody knows Facebook and has at least one account. This social media platform is undoubtedly renowned around the globe. Even, it successfully makes people addicted that they spend many hours on it. But many users often experience Facebook keeps stopping on their mobile phone. What actually causes this problem and how to fix the issue?
With millions of users around the globe, Facebook has to work so hard to provide the best experience for the users. While many people accuse the server that causes lag or sudden stop when accessing Facebook, in fact, it can be caused by your smartphone. Be it an old version of the app or corrupted file problems, you need to know how to handle it. Check out the following methods to get rid of Facebook that keeps stopping!
Facebook Keeps Stopping: How to Fix the Issue
While there are many possibilities that makes your Facebook error and keeps stopping, you need to know a number of methods to get rid of the problem. Let’s get to know some solutions that you can do whenever your Facebook app keeps stopping on your smartphone.
1. Check for updates
Running the earlier version of Facebook can cause the error, one of which is it keeps stopping. For some reason, your application might be obsolete so that you need to update to the latest version. Once your Facebook app keeps stopping, this is the first possibility that you can try to fix the problem. To check for updates for Android users, you can do the following steps:
- Open Google Play Store on your Android smartphone and search for Facebook application.
- Tap on the Facebook app and click the update button. Wait for the process.
- Alternatively, you can also navigate to My apps & games and Play Store will check for updates. Scroll down to find Facebook and tap on Update button to update the application.
Updating your Facebook app is necessary to experience the best out of it. Since the updates come with bug fix and improvement, updating the application regularly will keep you from this bad experience.
2. Clear RAM
Facebook that keeps stopping can be caused by too busy RAM. To solve this problem, you need to clear RAM and relaunch the application to check if it works. There are a number of ways to clear RAM on your smartphone, depending on your brand and series. Here is how to clear RAM using Device Care or Device Maintenance from Samsung.
- Go to phone Settings, then scroll down and tap on Device care.
- You will see the performance of your smartphone. Tap on Optimize now. Wait for a moment as the system will clean itself.
- On the screen, you will see the Memory option. Select then tap on Clean Now to make your smartphone feel fresh.
- Try to relaunch your Facebook.
Among Samsung users, this method is pretty effective to fix the issue not only on Facebook but also on other apps. If you use other brands, you might need to find another way to clear RAM and optimize phone performance.
3. Restart your phone
Restarting your phone is among the easiest ways to solve any problem. Though it may sound simple, it can fix a lot of issues including Facebook that keeps stopping. Turning off the phone and turn it on again can help refresh the system, giving you a better app performance. After restarting the phone, you may check if the problem persists. If it does, try the next solution.
4. Clear cache and data
If you have been using the application for quite some time, chances are that it has cache buildup that reduces its performance. In this case, clearing cache can be a solution to fix the issue. Clearing cache will not make you lose any data, so you can do it anytime.
But sometimes, clearing the cache alone is not enough. It requires you to clear data that can erase all your data. It resets the application setting so you need to set it back. If you want to clear cache and data of the Facebook app, the steps below will help you.
- Go to phone Settings, navigate to Applications.
- Scroll down to find your Facebook app and tap on it.
- Tap on Storage, select clear cache and clear data.
After clearing the cache and data, open your Facebook app and log in to your account. You may need to set it back up but this solution is powerful to get rid of Facebook app that keeps stopping.
5. Reinstall application
Among many reasons that cause Facebook app keeps stopping is the corrupt files. When this happens, there is no other choice than reinstalling your application. Uninstall and reinstall app is reported as an effective method to fix the issue. This will help remove the corrupt files, thus your Facebook will give its best performance.
To reinstall the application, you need to follow the instruction below:
- Go to phone Settings, tap on Applications.
- Navigate to the Facebook app and tap to open.
- Find the Uninstall option on your screen and tap to uninstall. Wait for a few minutes until the system removing all your Facebook data.
- After the uninstallation process has finished, go to Play Store. Search for Facebook and install it to your smartphone as usual.
- Launch your new Facebook app, login and find out whether it keeps stopping or not.
Since this method involves uninstallation, it means your data and cache will be cleared from the system. Therefore, you may need to set it back up after installing the new app. Reinstall application is a quick solution to get rid of Facebook that keeps stopping and many users have proven it. Make sure to have a good connection in order to avoid corrupted files when downloading the app.
Having a problem with your Facebook is annoying as this application plays a crucial role in your life. To get rid of Facebook keeps stopping, there are many things to do with that. Since the issue can be caused by many problems, you need to know several methods of how to fix it according to the problems. Hopefully, the above solution can solve your Facebook issues.