Have you been using Spotify for a while and want to delete it from your device? Despite the impressive performance and convenience, Spotify is not flawless. Many users encountered a number of issues and this probably also becomes your reason to quit from the service. Deleting Spotify account and app is your only way to get rid of it. That becomes the issue is, how to uninstall Spotify from your device?
Uninstalling Spotify is rather tricky as it requires different steps for a different device. Some Android users, however, cannot uninstall Spotify as it is a pre-installed application. But there are always tricks to resolve the problem. If you want to get rid of Spotify application, check out the following methods to uninstall Spotify from Windows, Mac, Android, and iPhone.
Table of Contents
How to Uninstall Spotify on Your Devices
Before going straight to uninstall the application, you need to know what device you are using. Uninstalling Spotify from Windows is different from Mac while uninstalling the app from Android is also different from the iPhone. For this reason, you need to read carefully and choose the right methods according to your device.
Here, you are about to find a variety of methods to remove Spotify from Windows, Mac, Android, and iPhone. Read the instructions carefully so that you can easily wipe out the app from your device.
How to Uninstall Spotify on Windows
If you are using Windows 10, there are several available methods to remove the Spotify app from your computer. The methods consist of manual uninstallation and using the uninstaller. Keep on scrolling!
1. Uninstall Spotify manually
This is an ideal and easy way to wipe out Spotify app from your device. This process enables you to clear all files and data related to Spotify. In other words, the uninstallation involves a deeper process so that Spotify will not linger somewhere in your computer. The steps below should help you.
- Go to Windows Setting, select Apps.
- Find and click Spotify, choose Uninstall. Click on Yes or Agree on the confirmation box.
- Wait until the uninstallation process is complete.
- Restart your computer.
- To clear all related files, go to drive C and navigate to Program. Find if there are any folders and files related to the application. When you find it, delete the files or folders.
- After deleting the related files and folders, go to the Search bar from the Start menu and then type ‘regedit’.
- Select OK. Your computer will open Registry Editor then delete the Spotify registry that you find.
After deleting Spotify registry, now your computer is free from Spotify and all related files and folders.
2. Using uninstaller
When you decide to use the uninstaller, it means you need to download and uninstall a third-party app. This option is more practical as you don’t need to delete registry entry on your own. The third-party uninstaller will automatically clear associated files and folders once you click on the uninstall button. You can use CCleaner or IObit Uninstaller.
The uninstallation steps depend on what uninstaller that you have on the computer. But most of them are pretty easy to use. All you have to do is open the uninstaller, find the Spotify app on the list of installed apps, and click Uninstall.
How to Uninstall Spotify on Mac
Whether you want to migrate to other music streaming services or are simply bored with Spotify, you can easily uninstall the application from your Mac computer. As with removing Spotify from Windows, there are several steps that you need to do. Before uninstalling the application, you should delete the Spotify account permanently unless you want to reinstall the app. Do the steps below.
- Quit Spotify and exit from the app.
- Navigate to Finder, then select Go on the top of the screen.
- From the drop-down menu, choose Library. If the Library doesn’t appear, hold the Alt key.
- Open cache, then delete the folders com.spotify.client.helper and com.spotify.Client
- Click on the back arrow, then select Application Support. Delete the Spotify folder.
- Press the keys Command + Shift + G to reveal Go to Folder.
- Open the Library folder, then enter Spotify in the search bar. Delete all related files and folders.
- Restart your computer.
After restarting your computer, type Spotify in the search bar and find if you see files and folders related to Spotify. If you don’t, it means you have removed Spotify completely from your computer.
How to Uninstall Spotify on Android
Spotify app can be downloaded and installed on your Android device. If you need to uninstall this app either to remove or reinstall in the future, there are some steps that you have to do. Unlike Windows or Mac computer, Android device is much simpler that you don’t need to delete registry entries or library.
Before uninstalling the Spotify app, you need to clear cache and data. It helps you remove all related data and files completely from the Android device. The following steps are intended for Android version 6.0 and above.
- Go to Settings, tap on Apps.
- Scroll down for Spotify and click on the app.
- Tap on Storage, select Clear Cache and Clear Data button.
- Tap the back arrow, then select Uninstall.
- Wait for a moment until the uninstallation is finished.
- Restart your Android phone and Spotify is completely removed from your device.
What if Spotify is a pre-installed app? The pre-installed app means an application that is installed from the manufacturer and there is no way to uninstall the app unless you root the device. Fortunately, you can keep it out of sight by disabling the application. The steps below should help you disable pre-installed Spotify.
- Go to Settings, navigate to Apps.
- Scroll down and tap on Spotify.
- You will see the Disable button, tap on it.
- Now your application is disabled and it won’t appear on your app screen.
This is a smart solution to get rid of Spotify without rooting your device. You won’t see the application and it will not run on your background as well.
How to Uninstall Spotify on iPhone
As with other devices, removing Spotify on iPhone will not give you a headache. Though you have a number of steps to do, they are pretty simple and easy. Whether you want to completely wipe out Spotify from your life or want to reinstall the app, the following method should help you out.
- Open your Spotify app, then go to Settings.
- Tap on Storage and choose Delete Cache.
- Remove Spotify from all devices, tap back arrow to exit from the app.
- Go to phone Settings, select General.
- Choose iPhone Storage, then tap Spotify.
- Select Offload the app, then confirm. Your Spotify app will be deleted but the documents stay.
- Select the Delete app and confirm. This will delete any documents and data left on your device.
- Turn off the device, wait a few minutes and turn on again.
- Spotify is completely removed from your iPhone.
Now that you know how to uninstall Spotify from various devices, it’s time to remove your Spotify app. While uninstalling the app from Settings is not enough, you need to delete all related folders and files to make sure the application is completely removed from the device. Whether you want to get rid of it or reinstall later, knowing the above methods should be helpful.