TikTok is undoubtedly one of the most popular social applications with millions of users from all over the world. With a lot of users, you may find some accounts get so annoying that you want to block them. If you want to learn how to block and unblock someone on TikTok, you are so lucky to be here.
Besides learning how to block and unblock other accounts, you will also find out how to know if someone blocks you. The reason is simple—you never know if your videos probably make other users annoyed so you might need to know the signs of being blocked by others. Keep scrolling!
How to Block Someone on TikTok
Much like other social networks, TikTok allows you to block someone’s account. Once blocked, you will not see any videos posted by those accounts. Also, the blocked users will not be able to view your videos or follow you.
Blocking someone on TikTok is quite easy. Simply follow step by step instructions below.
- Launch TikTok app on your mobile device.
- Find an account you want to block by tapping Discover and type the username.
- Alternatively, you can search the account from Following menu.
- Open user’s profile and tap Settings. It is an icon with horizontal (iOS)/ vertical (Android) three-dots.
- Choose Block.
- Now this account has been blocked.
Please note that you will not be able to interact with someone you have blocked until you unblock them. This way, you can enjoy TikTok without seeing any videos from accounts that annoy you. TikTok allows you to block as many accounts as you want.
How to Unblock Someone on TikTok
What if you have a change of mind and regret your decision to block someone on TikTok? There is nothing to worry about. Block feature does not come permanent and it can be reversed. In other words, this social platform enables you to unblock the user so you can interact with them.
How to unblock someone on TikTok is pretty simple. It is quite similar to blocking someone, so you will not find difficulties. Here is a guide to unblocking a user on TikTok.
- Open your TikTok app and login to your account.
- Tap Discover and find a username you want to unblock. You can also go to Me menu and tap the Settings icon at the top-right corner with horizontal three dots.
- Tap Privacy, then select Blocked accounts.
- You will see a list of contacts you have blocked. Tap Unblock next to the contact you want to unblock.
- The username has been unblocked successfully.
Now that you have unblocked the contacts, you will be able to interact with them. Any videos you post will appear on their page and you can also view their videos. Anytime they make you annoyed, you can block and unblock them as many as you want.
When you have a long list of blocked accounts, chances are that you forget the usernames. How to unblock if you cannot remember the name or username? You can unblock everyone at once. This option is available on TikTok, allowing you to unblock multiple contacts without extra effort.
However, another problem emerges as you might want to keep particular users blocked. When this happens, you have to re-block them manually.
How to Know If You Are Blocked on TikTok
Block is a feature that prevents you from interacting with particular users. That means you will not be able to view each other’s videos. If you think someone has blocked you on TikTok, there are few methods to figure it out.
Here are three common methods to check if you are blocked on TikTok.
1. Check Your Following List
When you are blocked by someone, his username will not appear on your following list. So, this is one of effective methods to know if someone has blocked you. Here is how to check your following list.
- Open your TikTok account.
- Go to your Profile, and tap the profile icon.
- Tap Following.
- Type the username that possibly blocked you and tap search.
- If you see no results, it means you are blocked by the user.
2. Check Tags
Another method to know if you are blocked is checking tags. If your friend has mentioned you in his post, you should be able to find it anytime. Try to find that post and check if it is still accessible for you. If not, chances are that you are blocked.
3. Go to Discover Page
The last but not least, you can go directly to discover page. Search the username and see if it appears on the result. Follow the steps below to check from discover page.
- Launch TikTok and go to your account.
- Choose Discover. Enter the username you want to search.
- Tap Search.
- If the search result shows nothing, it is clear that you are blocked.
Knowing how to block and unblock someone on TikTok helps you get rid of unwanted people. But if you want to know whether you annoy someone, you might need to know how to check if someone blocked you.