Playing with TikTok brings a lot of fun. There are so many features to create amazing videos, such as filters, video effects, and much more. But when you scroll through the gallery and find a video that comes to a dislike, you will need to learn how to delete a TikTok video.
Any videos you delete from TikTok cannot be recovered. So, be sure you won’t regret your decision in the future. Deleting videos from this social media platform is not a big deal but if you are a TikTok beginner, you might need a little help. Scroll through!
Table of Contents
How to Delete a Video on TikTok
Whether you want to reinvent yourself or simply dislike a video, you can always delete it from your TikTok account. However, it is recommended to save the video on your device just in case you want it back. Once backed up, you can delete it right away.
Getting rid of videos on TikTok is extremely simple. Even if you are a TikTok newbie, you won’t find difficulties doing it. Here is how to delete a TikTok video.
- Open TikTok app on your smartphone. If you log out on the previous session, log back in.
- Tap Me to go to your profile. It is in the bottom-right of your screen.
- You will see a list of videos you have posted. Navigate to a video you wish to delete. Tap the video to preview.
- Your video will play in a full screen mode. At the right of your screen, you will find a Menu option with three dots icon. Tap the dots.
- Some available options will appear. Swipe to the right. Find and tap Delete option with a trashcan icon.
- Select Confirm to delete it.
- The video will be deleted from the gallery.
Any deleted videos cannot be accessed and recovered. However, if someone has downloaded a copy of your video, they can easily upload on their account.
How to Make a TikTok Video Private
While deleting a video on TikTok account will remove it permanently from your gallery, there is a brilliant alternative to get rid of a video you don’t like. You can send them to a private folder so it won’t appear in your gallery.
The good thing about this method is that you can move it back to the gallery at any time. Whenever you want to see it, simply open your private folder and preview the videos without your friends’ knowledge. This is a smart solution to refresh your TikTok without regret.
How to make a video private is quite simple. Here’s how to do it.
- Open your TikTok app and log in.
- Tap Me to access your profile and see videos you have created.
- Find a video you want to send to a private folder and open it.
- Tap Menu with three dots icon at the right side.
- Select Privacy Settings.
- Toggle privacy option at the top of the video to send it to private folder.
Once sent to this folder, your videos will remain there until you move it back to gallery or delete it. You can still play the video in this folder.
How to Delete Account on TikTok
Now let’s say that you have lost interest in TikTok or have decided to completely reinvent yourself. When you want to get rid of an account, you can simply delete it. Account deletion can be the best option, but it comes with consequences.
Once deleted, your videos cannot be recovered. Any purchases you have made through this app will be removed and there is no way to get back in. How to delete a TikTok account is quite simple, though you will have a verification process to go through. Read more about How To Delete TikTok Account.
Overall, removing a video from your TikTok account is pretty simple. But if you don’t want to remove it permanently, you may opt to send the video to private folder.