So you are interested to join the crowd and create a Tinder account to find a match. But something happens and you made typos so your name is wrong. Or, you incidentally entered a wrong birthdate so your age ends up incorrect. How to change name and age on Tinder easily?
It is necessary to provide the correct information in this dating app since it may affect users’ interest on your profile. If you have one of those problems or both, you’ve come to the right page. Everything you need to know about updating bio on Tinder is here, so check this out!
Table of Contents
Is It Possible to Change Name and Age on Tinder?
Name and age are basic information of your profile which cannot be updated once your account is created. While other information such as profile photos, sexual orientation, or jobs can be edited on profile, it is not the case with name and age.
As Tinder doesn’t allow users to change name and age for any reason, there is a way to update your profile. Delete your existing account and start with a fresh one. It may sound simple for a new user but if you already have matches, send messages, or make purchases, it will be a little bit difficult.
Deleting your account means you will lose everything you have in it, including matches, messages, and even purchases you have made. But if you don’t want to put your chance to get a match at risk, there is no other way than creating a new account with the correct age and name.
How to Create a New Account
Creating a new account on Tinder is simple. Despite the simple and easy process, be sure to do each stage carefully so you don’t need to repeat the process due to incorrect information. Once it is done, you can start chatting and dating with your match.
Good news, you can create a new account from any devices, including Android, iOS, and desktop computer. The steps vary depending on the device that you use.
If you are using Android device, you will need to download the Tinder app before starting. Go to Google Play Store, find Tinder from the search feature and install to your device. Once installed, do step by step instructions below:
- Run the Tinder app on your Android device.
- Choose a login method, either using Google or Phone Number.
- Enter your phone number and verify.
- Set up profile by providing your personal information.
- Click Allow button to allow Tinder accesses required permissions.
- Now get started!
Your new Tinder account has been successfully created. Now you can start matching and chatting with other users.
The steps are a little bit different with iOS devices. Before signing up, first download the Tinder app for iOS on the App Store. Once installed, do the following steps to create a new Tinder account.
- Go to Tinder app on your iOS device.
- Select Create Account
- Enter your phone number and verify.
- Provide your email address. It can be the same with your existing Tinder account.
- Connect to your Apple or Facebook account for a better experience.
- Provide all the required information about yourself.
- Allow Tinder to access all permissions.
- It’s done.
Enjoy Tinder app to match, chat, and date with someone you like. You may also edit your profile, except name and age, to make yourself more attractive.
If you don’t want to install Tinder app on your device, simply sign up using web browser from your desktop. How to change name and age on Tinder by creating account using desktop computer is also simple. The steps varies a little bit so you might need to pay attention to following instructions.
- Go to https://tinder.com/.
- Click Create Account, then choose login method either with Google, Facebook, or Phone Number. Let’s say you choose Log in with Facebook.
- Enter your phone number, fill the OTP code, and click Continue, then click OK.
- Click Allow Location to turn on location services.
- Select I want to be notified if you want to receive notifications or Not now if you don’t want to receive notifications.
- You are ready to go!
Your Tinder account has been created. Now you can set up profile so that other users know you better.
How to Edit Your Tinder Profile
After signing up, you might want to update your profile so it becomes more representative. Editing your profile is a simple process. You can edit profile photos, smart photos, job, schools, and even sexual orientation. However, your name and age cannot be edited.
1. Profile Photos
Tinder allows you to add, rearrange, or delete your profile photos. If you want to add new profile photo, do the steps below:
- Tap your profile icon.
- Select Edit Info with pencil icon.
- Choose + icon to add a new photo.
If you want to delete the photo, simply tap the X icon next to the photo and it will be removed. Or if you want to rearrange the pictures, tap and drag to any positions you want.
2. Job, School, City
You can also edit information related to job, school, and city on Tinder. Providing this information helps other users know you better, which means you have a bigger potential to match with someone. Here is how to edit job, school, and city:
- Tap profile icon.
- Tap on the pencil icon for Edit Info.
- Scroll down to navigate to Current Work, School, and Living.
- Fill in the provided field with correct information.
Since it is completely optional, you may skip this information. If you feel safer for not providing this information, then you can keep it that way.
3. Sexual Orientation
You can provide more information about sexual orientation on this platform. Tinder allows you to select up to 3 terms that represent your sexual orientation. And, it is also up to you whether it is displayed or not.
Do these steps to change sexual orientation:
- Tap your profile icon, then hit Edit Info.
- Scroll down to Orientation.
- Choose sexual orientation that describes you best.
How to change name and age on Tinder is not that simple because this platform doesn’t allow you to do it. As an alternative, you can create a new account and start over with the correct information.