Every application has one or two problems that make the user feel uncomfortable or confused. Tinder is not an exception. Many users find an error when using Tinder. Tinder oops something went wrong is the error that happens the most.
Tinder is an online dating application and has been downloaded more than 100 million times. To sign up in this app, you can use either your Facebook account or your phone number. However, sometimes there is an error that says Tinder oops something went wrong when you use Facebook to sign up.
However, this error message also shows up even when you use a phone number to sign up. So, what is the cause of this error, and how to fix Tinder oops something went wrong error?
Why Do You Get Tinder Oops Something Went Wrong?
Some users thought that the error message they get has something to do with the banned account or reported account. An account can be banned or reported or flagged because of several reasons such as inappropriate photos, spamming, no photos, etc.
Although it may be one of the reasons you get this error message, that’s not always the case. When you get Tinder oops something went wrong error, there are several causes of it. The common cause of this error is the server. When the server is down or slow, there is a possibility that you will get this message error.
Also, if you use a Facebook account to log in, the chance of failure is rather high due to the server down. Other than the server, you will get the error message if there is a problem with your network connection. You may get the message error from Tinder for the following reasons:
- The app you use isn’t the latest version
- There are too many cookies and cache in your phone
- With or without knowing you install a VPN on your mobile phone
- It’s just a temporary issue that will fix in a few hours
- There is a problem with your phone
How To Fix This Error
If you get the Tinder oops something went wrong message error, you don’t need to be panicked. After all, it’s not a serious error, and there are several ways to fix it. Here how to fix this kind of error:
1. Network Connection
The common cause of this error is your network connection. If your connection is too slow, you won’t be able to access this app resulting in you getting this message error. So, what you need to do is check your internet connection and make sure the network is good enough to access Tinder.
You can switch from mobile data to WiFi to get a better connection. However, if there is no problem with your network connection, you can choose the other ways.
2. No Need To Use VPN
Usually, in Tinder, you can only chat with people that are near you. But, using a VPN you can access another location that may far from your place. Unfortunately, installing a VPN on your phone can cause Tinder to get an error. So, if there is Tinder oops something went wrong pop up on your phone screen, you have to uninstall the VPN in your phone.
3. Clear Cache and Data
The other way to fix this kind of problem is by clearing the app’s cache and data. Every time you access this app, your phone will save the cache and data. As a result, there is too much data that could make the app error. To clear cache and data you can follow these steps:
- Open menu setting on your smartphone.
- Look for the Apps menu and when you find it, tap that menu.
- Search for Tinder and tap it.
- Find a storage option and you will see data and cache. Tap delete data and cache to clear all of the data.
4. Uninstall and Reinstall Tinder
The easiest way to fix the error with this app is by uninstalling Tinder. When you uninstall this app, all of the data, cache, and everything will be erased. After uninstalling this app, then you can reinstall Tinder and start over again. Here, the steps to uninstall this app:
- Open the play store on your phone.
- In the search column, type Tinder.
- There, you will see that there are two options, uninstall and update.
- Tap Uninstall and wait for a while.
To reinstall Tinder, follow these steps:
- After success uninstalls Tinder, the two options in the Play store will change to only install.
- Tap the install to download this app.
- Wait until you finish downloading this app and install it.
- Restart your phone and you can use Tinder normally.
5. Login Using a Browser
You can also try to login via browser as one of the solutions for this error. Fortunately, Tinder has a web version, so you don’t have to always log in with the mobile version. Choose trusted browsers such as Mozilla, Chrome, or Safari to log in.
If login with the web version is proven to be successful, then the problem must lie with your mobile version of Tinder.
6. Remove Tinder from Facebook App
The new data privacy update that Facebook has rolled up, sometimes becomes the cause of Tinder oops something went wrong error. This is because when Facebook detects something unfamiliar, it won’t let Tinder login. So, the appropriate way to fix it is by having your tinder app removed from the Facebook app.
However, even if you remove Tinder from the Facebook app, you still can access your account. After all, the only thing that is missing is just your old messages and matches.
To remove Tinder from the Facebook app, you need to follow these steps:
- Login to your Facebook account.
- Go to the setting menu then search for Apps.
- You will see several options, to remove Tinder, tap Logged in with Facebook.
- Look for the Tinder App, click Edit, then tap the Remove option on the below of the page. Now, Facebook will remove your Tinder app.
Getting a Tinder oops something went wrong error message is surprising and annoying. But, if you can identify the cause and know how to fix it, then it won’t bother you that much. After all, what you have to do is just fix the problem, and you can access this app normally.