When using Facebook, people would likely do a group feature. Here, people could post many things to interact, sell things, and even tell or gain information. However, there would be lots of other posts in the group as well. To make our post in the group main on top, bumping the post is the answer. So, how to bump a post on Facebook so it keeps on top?
The reason why people want to have their posts on the top is that other people would easily see their posts. When people recognize it, they would likely leave a like, comment, and even share the post. These activities would increase the popularity post and account as well. That is why people will make their posts famous, especially in a Facebook group.
2 Ways on How to Bump a Post on Facebook
Normally, people open Facebook from two devices: a computer and mobile phone. Don’t worry, whichever device you use, you can still bump your post. Here are the steps on how to bump a post on Facebook so they become on top:
1. Using a Personal Computer
- The first step is to open the website on the computer through www.facebook.com. You could use any kind of browser to access Facebook. The most important thing don’t forget to connect the computer/laptop to the internet.
- Next, log in to your account that you have. It would require an email/username and of course, the password. The box to type in would be in the top right of the page or the middle right.
- Once you are logged in, choose the Facebook group that you want to post and bump it. If you are already a member of the group there would be no problem.
- However, if you are not, some groups might be closed to other people. So we can’t post anything. In this position, we must request to be a member first. After finding the group, click on it and visit the group.
- When you are done, post the material you want. It could be in words, photos, and even videos. If you have posted it before, then find the posting you want to bump.
- Another quick way to bump a post is by typing “Bump” on the comment section of the post and then click enter. After that, refresh the page and the post would be on the top in the group.
2. Using Mobile Phone
- Before starting, make sure to access Facebook on a mobile phone through the application, rather than using it through the website app. You could download it for free. Using the app, it is easier and more efficient.
- Just like on the personal computer’s step, after downloading the app, log in to Facebook. The different thing about logging in on a mobile phone is we could log in not only with usernames and emails but also with our mobile phone number. As for the password, remain the same.
- The third step is also to find the group on Facebook where we want to bump our post. The searching box would be available on the middle top. As for the rules, it is the same. We could only enter groups that are open. If not, we should sign up to be a member first.
- After entering the group, post the material or find the post you want to put on top. If the post has been posted several moments ago, we might have to find it first by scrolling down. Just like the previous step on the computer, we could bump either it is our post or others post.
- The next step on how to bump a post on Facebook is to comment on the post. Since we are using the app on the mobile phone, people would use a simple way. Type in “bump” in the comment section. However, we could still comment on other things or words. Just remember to comment with polite words. Not all groups would allow the members about using ”bumps” in the comment section. That is why it is better to comment on other simple words.
Checking Out the Post
Once we’ve done either one of the previous steps, the post would be on the top as we desire. However, to make sure your comment is on top, try to recheck it by exiting the group first. Then, re-enter the group and see where your post is.
Whether you are using a computer or mobile phone, make sure to post polite words or pictures only. Harsh posting will be deleted and they may block you from the group too.
So, those are the steps on how to bump a post on Facebook. The steps are simple and quick, so you can apply them quickly. This is because the conclusion method from bumping a post is putting up the recent activity. When other people comment on another post, then that post would replace our post on the top.