GeForce Experience something went wrong is a common experience among gamers. This due to GeForce Experience is quite popular in the gamers world, especially among PC gamers. If you’re a hardcore PC gamer, you might’ve heard a thing or two about it. If you are a PC gamer but you’ve never heard of it, you probably need to download it. For the reason that it can help with your game settings—we’ll get into that later.
That said, some people have reported an error mostly after they install it or update it. The common error usually says GeForce Experience something went wrong, with the only option is to close the dialog box. In case you’re one of those people who struggle with this error, there are some ways to fix it.
Table of Contents
What Is GeForce Experience and Why Do You Need It
Before we proceed to fix GeForce Experience something went wrong error, here’s more explanation about GeForce Experience itself. It’s an application that allows the users to get optimal game settings automatically. GeForce Experience is certainly an interesting application for amateur PC gamers who often still struggle to understand how to get the most optimal settings for their games.
Especially, if the game provides complicated settings that are hard enough to understand. According to a survey, about 80% of PC gamers let their games run in default settings. As a result, PC gamers can’t really enjoy the maximum graphics quality provided by the game. Then, this is where the GeForce Experience app comes into the battlefield.
Simply put, this application will boost the quality of game graphics to a certain extent where users still get a high frame rate so that the game remains comfortable to play. GeForce Experience will automatically detect what hardware is used to find their database for the most optimal settings.
However, just like any other application, GeForce Experience sometimes has some trouble issues or errors. One of the most common errors is GeForce Experience something went wrong, kind of error. Thus, this article will help you to deal with it.
How to Fix GeForce Experience Something Went Wrong Easily
After we understand what GeForce Experience is for, we’ll get into the methods or options to solve the error. It often says something like; GeForce Experience something went wrong, try to restart or reboot your PC. In most cases, this kind of error also appears with an error code 0x0001 or 0x0003. If you’re seeing an error like this, then don’t panic because here are some ways to fix it:
Option 1: Allow NVIDIA Telemetry Container to Interact With Your Desktop
You can use this option if you’re seeing GeForce Experience something went wrong on a dialog box after you open the app. This works for error code 0x0001 or 0x0003. To do so, you need to:
- Press the Windows + R key on your keyboard, then type “services.msc” in the “Run” dialog box, then press the Enter key, the Windows Services Manager window will open.
- After that, there will be an alphabetical list. Now, you scroll it down after you find “NVIDIA Telemetry Container”. Then, right-click on it and choose “Properties”.
- Next, open the “Log On” tab.
- Then, change the preference from “This Account” to “Local System”. Make sure you also check the box “Allow Services to Interact with Desktop“.
- Thus, click the “Apply” button to enforce and to save the changes.
- Close the Windows Services Manager page and restart your computer.
- After that, try to re-open your GeForce Experience to check if the error has been fixed.
Option 2: Update Your NVIDIA Drivers
If the first two options above still didn’t help with GeForce Experience something went wrong error, you can try this option. In this case, updating the driver is the most important thing to do to make the hardware still able to follow the system. In this case, you can directly open the NVIDIA website page to download the driver from the VGA you are using. Here’s how:
- Head to https://www.nvidia.in/Download/index.aspx
- From the website page, you just need to choose the type or model of the VGA card you are using.
- Next, click “Search” and then when the specification found, click on “Download”.
- Wait until the download process completed. You can also download the software update if GeForce Experience software on your computer keeps having problems.
- After updating, don’t forget to restart the computer to ensure that the driver has installed correctly.
- Now, you can re-open your GeForce Experience app.
Option 3: Reset the Network Adapter
This option is more likely to solve GeForce Experience something went wrong error with error code 0x0003. Some users who experienced with this error have informed that this error can be resolved after they reset their network adapter to the default configuration. This procedure is often known as “reset Winsock” or some people also called it “reinstalling comms”. Also, this option suitable for Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10. Here’s a quick guide on resetting network adapters:
- Press the Windows + R key on your keyboard to open the “Run” dialog box.
- Then, type “cmd”, press the Ctrl + Shift + Enter key to open a Command Prompt as an administrator.
- Next, click on “Yes” to grant the admin’s privileges.
- If the Command Prompt window pops up, type the following command to end: C:\Windows\system32>netsh winsock reset
- After that, press the “Enter” key to reset the network adapter.
- Now, close the Command Prompt window, and re-open your GeForce Experience app.
Anyhow, from the options above, we know that in most cases the errors are slightly different. There’s an error with the error code 0x0001, or 0x0001, or even without an error code. Luckily, they are all common errors on Geforce Experience so there are still some ways or options to fix it. In this case, you should know the type of error that you have with your GeForce Experience. You better go with the first option and if it didn’t work, move on to another.
Those three options should help with your GeForce Experience something went wrong error. Moreover, if they didn’t do much with the error, you probably have to re-install all of the NVIDIA drivers. Also, it’s necessary to make sure that your computer software has been updated to prevent any kind of error from applications.