Do you have AirPods but have no idea how to pair with MacBook? Pairing AirPods with MacBook allows you to listen to music and take video calls using these versatile earbuds. In fact, how to connect AirPods to MacBook is quite easy as long as you know which button to press and where to go. Besides, AirPods come with an intuitive connection process to help you with easy connectivity.
But newbies who have never paired AirPods to MacBook may find it is rather tricky. AirPods which have not yet been paired to any Apple device may require a bit more complicated steps. But there is nothing to worry about as everything is still doable. Below, you will find easy ways to connect AirPods to MacBook.
How to Connect AirPods Paired with iPhone
You might want to connect AirPods which have been paired with iPhone to your Mac. No matter what reason you have, this commonly happens among people. Trying to connect AirPods to Mac that has been paired with iPhone is far easier. All you need to do is to connect the iPhone and Mac to the same iCloud. Using the same Apple ID is required to pair the device.
Follow the instructions below to pair AirPods which have been connected to iPhone with MacBook:
- Take your AirPods from the case and put them into ears. Now you can turn on the AirPods and Mac.
- After your Mac is ready, find a menu bar and navigate to all active connections. There, you can find a Bluetooth setting that is symbolized by a small Bluetooth icon. Select for the setting.
- You will find a dropdown list, try to find your AirPod’s name. Once you spot the device, this indicates that your AirPods have been connected to Mac.
- Try playing something. When AirPods connects, you should hear a chime followed by the sound of your choice.
That is all you need to set up AirPods with Mac, in case the AirPods have been connected to the iPhone. There is no other setup needed. After pairing the device, you can enjoy various kinds of music or videos using AirPods from your MacBook. If you would like to take a video call, these earbuds can give you a brand new experience.
How to Connect AirPods to MacBook for New Device
Do you have new AirPods? For AirPods which have never been paired with any Apple device, it may require a more complicated process to set up. But this should not discourage you to connect the AirPods with MacBook. Pay attention to the following instructions.
- Before connecting the device, place the AirPods in its charging case. You may need to open the lid for a better connection then turn on your Mac.
- From the Apple menu, open System Preferences to get started. Select Bluetooth.
- Turn on your Mac’s Bluetooth by checking the left side.
- Find the setup button on the back of the case, then press and hold until you see the status light flashes different colors.
- Find your AirPods on the Device list and select your device. Click Connect.
- At this point, sound should be played from the AirPods instead of Mac Speaker. When the connection is well established, you can listen to music or watch videos without disturbing others.
AirPods Fail to Connect to MacBook
Some people may experience problem when connecting AirPods with Mac. Despite AirPods are typically easy to connect, connectivity issue and other aspects may cause trouble in pairing the devices. There are several problems that may occur when connecting AirPods and your Mac. In addition to knowing how to connect AirPods to MacBook, it is also necessary to know the problems and how to fix it.
1. Connectivity issue
This issue can happen to any AirPods and MacBook owners. When your devices failed to connect, you may need to head up the Bluetooth symbol and choose Bluetooth Off. Wait for a few minutes, turn back on the Bluetooth on the back of the case. Check if the problem persists.
2. Reboot your Mac and AirPods
Sometimes, the devices can experience connectivity confusion. To solve this problem, you need to restart both the AirPods and Mac. Begin with Mac, followed by AirPods. This is what you need to re-establish the connection between two devices.
3. Already connected
If you have an iPhone or other Apple devices paired with your account, this may cause a problem in connectivity. Open Bluetooth section you can find in the Setting of iOS device. Check out if the AirPods are already connected. When the AirPods are already there, select ‘Forget this device’. Try reconnecting the AirPods and iPhone on the wall.
As a conclusion, how to connect AirPods to MacBook is quite easy. It may sound complicated but in fact, establishing a connection between AirPods and Mac can be done by anyone. After establishing the connection, now you can listen to music or take a video call using the earbuds. What are you waiting for? Grab your AirPods and MacBook then do what you have found here.