Steam is a video game platform on PC that is very popular among gamers. It is programmed to open whenever you turn on the computer. Sometimes, it helps if you love the game so much that you want to play it every time. But, if you’re not too fond of playing a game, Steam’s auto-startup is pretty annoying. That’s why it is understandable if you wish it to stop. And that’s why you need the method on how to stop Steam from opening on startup.
Stop Steam From Opening On Startup From Steam’s Interface
If you want to know the easiest method on how to stop Steam from opening on startup, then the answer is from Steam’s interface. It is very easy to do and the steps are simple.
- First, you need to open Steam.
- And then search to the Steam menu and click it.
- Select setting if you use Windows and preferences if you use Mac.
- You will see a lot of tabs. Choose the Interface tab.
- Read the box and when there is a sentence that says Run Steam when my computer starts, click to uncheck the box.
This will wrap up the step and now Steam will not run automatically.
Stopping Steam Opening on Startup On Windows
You can play Steam through Windows operating system as it is the most operating system used by people. If you’re using Windows on your PC, there are few ways to stop Steam from running automatically whenever you turn on the computer.
1. Using Task Manager To Disable Steam’s Auto-Startup
If you find using a Steam interface is troublesome, you can choose the other methods. One of them is using the Task Manager. It is quite simple and doesn’t take much time.
- The first thing you should do is press Ctrl+Alt+Del on the keyboard.
- After that, the screen on your PC will change and some options will appear.
- Choose and click Task Manager Option. A small window will pop up and there will be few tabs.
- Click the Startup tab. There you will see the applications that get installed on your PC.
- Search for Steam Client Bootstrapper and then right-click it.
- After that select disable.
Now you won’t get disturbed by Steam’s auto startup anymore.
2. Disable Steam’s Auto-Startup Directly From Windows
The last method to stop Steam’s auto-startup is directly through windows. It is also a simple method and doesn’t require a lot of steps.
- The first step of this method is clicking the logo windows on the bottom left corner of the PC. You can also use the keyboard. In that case, you can press the Windows key.
- Next, you should search for Startup Apps in the search menu.
- A few seconds later you will see the search result and then click Startup.
- After that, you will see the list of auto-startup applications.
- Search for Steam Client Bootstrapper. And if you see It is switched on, click the switch and it will get switched off.
Stopping Steam Opening on Startup On Mac
People usually use the Windows operating system to play the games from Steam. But that doesn’t mean Mac can’t be used. And like Windows, Steam also often opens automatically whenever you turn on the PC. That’s why you need a method on how to stop Steam from opening on startup
- What you need to do is just click the Apple logo icon. This icon is located at the top-left of your computer screen.
- After that, you can select System Preferences.
- Then you will see a few options exist.
- Select users and group options.
- After that, a box will appear on the screen. If you see there is a lock there, click it.
- To make a change you need to enter the password.
- After success enters the password, select Login Items. This option is on the top of the menu so you should find it easily.
- In the login items, find Steam and click on Steam to highlight it.
- And then to remove Steam from startup, click the “-“ symbol.
Though may the purpose of Steam’s auto-startup is to make it easy for users, it is, without a doubt, annoyed the users who don’t really love playing the games. That’s because Steam’s auto-startup will slow down the computers’ Performa. So, with the methods on how to stop Steam from opening on startup, you will be free from it. And then your computer will go back to normal.