Among many applications on Windows, calculator is considered the oldest one. As with other applications, calculator receives a major update along with Windows update. Windows 10 users can enjoy different calculators ranging from the basic to the scientific ones. Unfortunately, Windows 10 calculator missing sometimes occurs which makes all its versatility useless.
The missing calculator can be troublesome, especially if you spend long hours in front of the computer. Picking your phone every time you need a calculator can take much of your time. For this reason, you need to fix the issue of missing calculator. Some solutions are available to resolve the problem. Let’s get to know more about calculator missing on Windows 10 below!
Easy Solutions to Windows 10 Calculator Missing
You don’t need to call a professional technician to handle your missing calculator. The calculator missing error is a common problem that can occur to any of Windows users. There are some easy methods to bring the calculator back to its place. If you find a method doesn’t work well, continue with other solution as mentioned right here.
1. Update Windows
Running OS and application that is not updated can cause several problems. You may think the problems are not related to Windows update but they do. Since the calculator app is open source, there may be an issue because you miss the update. When you experience a calculator missing error, update your Windows and calculator application. The following steps will help you update the Windows and app:
- Go to Settings by pressing Windows key + I.
- You will see a number of Settings menus, click Update & Security.
- On your right side, the screen will display Windows update along with a check for updates button. Click the button to check if there is the latest update you need to download.
But when you see the notification saying that the Windows is up to date, there may be something wrong with the app. Update the calculator application by following these steps:
- Open Microsoft Store app, navigate to Downloads and updates on your right side.
- The screen will display a list of applications along with download icons. Scroll down to find calculator app and click the downward arrow to download the update. If you want to update all applications, click Update all.
- Check if your calculator application is now in place.
If you don’t see available update for calculator app, there may be another reason why the calculator is missing. Try other methods to bring it back.
2. Desktop shortcut
There are many things that cause the calculator app does not launch. When it occurs, you can make a shortcut on the desktop. Many users reported that this solution is effective to fix the problem. But you should note that creating a desktop shortcut can be done if you can find the application in Windows Search. There are several ways to make a desktop shortcut, but you can try the easiest way as follows.
- In your Windows search, type calculator.
- The suggested application will appear on your screen, then right-click. Choose Pin to taskbar.
- After you see the app on the taskbar, drag and drop to your desktop. Calculator desktop shortcut is now available.
But things are different if you cannot see the calculator. When the application is missing, there is another way to do it. Follow these steps to bring it back:
- Right-click anywhere on your desktop, move your pointer to New. Then, select Shortcut.
- Find the location of calculator app. If you have no idea where the location is, you can type this C:\Windows\System32\calc.exe. Click Next.
- Enter a name for the shortcut, then click Finish.
Now, the desktop shortcut has been made. You can easily access the calculator right from the desktop. This is much easier than searching the application in Windows search.
Another solution to get rid of calculator missing problem is by using the built-in Troubleshoot. This option can help you solve a number of issues related to the operating system and applications. To use the Troubleshoot option is really easy as long as you know what to do. The following steps will help you out.
- Press Windows key and letter I altogether to open Settings. Type ‘Troubleshoot’ in the search bar and open the app.
- Select the option that indicates you want to find and Fix the problem with Microsoft Store Apps.
- On the pop-up, checklist Apply repairs automatically then click Next.
- Reboot your computer and check if the calculator app is back.
Many users found that troubleshoot is a great solution to many OS and app issues. You have nothing to lose to try finding the calculator using this method.
If you have tried many methods but none of them works well, resetting the app can bring good news. The calculator missing error can be caused by corrupt files. To fix the issue, all you have to do is reset the application and fix the files.
- Press Windows key and letter I altogether to open Settings. Select Apps.
- Scroll down to find calculator, then click the app. Select Advanced options under the app name.
- Choose the Reset button and your computer will reboot to check the issue.
In short, Windows 10 calculator missing can be fixed through several methods. Take a pick and find out if the methods above work well for you. Now that you know the calculator missing issue is easy to solve, you have nothing to worry about.