Facebook offers a lot of features that come in handy. Birthday reminder is among the favorites as it lets you buried by messages and wishes when your birthday comes. But for some reason, you may want to receive only special messages from special ones that really remember your birthday. To get this done, you need to know how to hide birthday on Facebook.
Once you hide birthday, your friends will neither be able to see your birthday nor receive a reminder when it comes. This helps you get rid of fake birthday wishes from ones who don’t actually care about you. Besides, you can find out who really remember your birthday even without a Facebook reminder. Let’s get to know more about how to hide birthday from Facebook!
Table of Contents
How to Hide Birthday On Facebook in Easy Ways
Birthday reminder is undeniably among versatile features offered by Facebook. But the good intention of Facebook starts to be annoying when you receive abundant birthday wishes and messages even from someone you don’t know. For this reason, you may need to consider hiding birthday on Facebook. We are going to tell you how to do it on the web and mobile application. Check this out!
1. Hiding birthday reminder on web
Facebook gives you engaging experience both on the web and mobile application. If you are an avid web user, the following steps will help you hide birthday notification.
- On your PC, access Facebook and log in with your account. Navigate to the profile page and select About. You can find this menu next to Timeline under the cover photo.
- You will see the left sidebar and detailed information on the right. Look at the left sidebar then choose Contact and basic info.
- Scroll down and navigate to Date of birth that can be found under Basic Information. Move your pointer to the Edit option and click.
- There will be audience options that you can choose, ranging from Public, Friends, Only Me, and Custom. Select Only me then click Save changes.
- Now your birthday is hidden.
Choosing Only me means you are the only one who can see the birthday. This setting keeps Facebook from sending a reminder when your birthday comes. If you receive messages and wishes on your birthday, it means your friends do remember your birthday without a Facebook reminder.
2. Hiding birthday reminder on the mobile app
Accessing Facebook on mobile app offers practicality and ease of use. Thankfully, you can also hide birthday through this application. The simple steps below will help you out.
- Open the Facebook application on your smartphone and visit your profile.
- Tap Edit Profile that appears under your profile picture.
- Scroll and locate to edit your about info. You will see some information, find Basic Info.
- Tap Edit option on the right side of Basic Info then choose the audience selector. To hide your birthday, you need to choose Only Me.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and tap the Save button.
- Your birthday is successfully hidden.
Hiding birthday on website and mobile application comes with similar type. You can use either website or mobile app to do this. Be sure to choose Only me option as it will put the setting into only you who can see the birthday.
How to Hide Birthday Posts from Your Friends
How many posts did you receive on the last birthdays? You might want to clean up the timeline from unwanted birthday wishes. Instead of deleting the posts, now you can hide them. This allows you to get rid of unwanted posts without permanently losing them. Here are some simple steps to hide individual posts from your Facebook timeline. The steps are typically similar for mobile app and web.
- Open your Facebook and visit the profile page. Scroll down to find unwanted posts you want to hide from the timeline.
- After finding the post, tap the three-dot menu on the top-right corner of each post.
- From this menu, you will find several options. To hide the post, tap Hide from timeline.
- The post will disappear from the timeline and your friends can no longer see it.
You can also limit who can see posts on your timeline. To get this done, go to Settings and select Timeline and tagging. Navigate to Who can see….. which can be found under the Timeline. Choose the audience as you want.
How to Turn Off Birthday Notification
If you are bothered with birthday notification that comes to your feed every day, there is a simple solution to get rid of it. You can easily turn off the birthday notification and feel the freedom. Please note that you might miss many birthday reminders, including your close friends. But if you are sure enough to turn off the notifications, the steps below will help you out.
- Open Facebook, find and click the down arrow in the top-right corner. Select Settings.
- Navigate to the sidebar and select Notifications. Click the Edit option.
- Find Birthday and click to turn off.
- When it turns off, it means the birthday notifications have been disabled. Now you will not receive any birthday notifications from Facebook. Be sure to remember the birthday of your close friends and don’t miss it.
Now that you know how to hide birthday on Facebook, you can restrict your friends from getting notified when your birthday comes. This lets you receive notifications only from the special ones who remember your birthday without Facebook reminder. You can also hide birthday posts and birthday notifications from the above steps. Happy trying!