Photoshop is unarguably the most popular photo editing software around the globe. This software boasts plenty of features that enable you to make enhancement on photos. Among ease-of-use features offered by Photoshop is creating text. You can even customize text appearance by changing the font or giving underline. That becomes the issue is, how to underline text in Photoshop?
Despite Photoshop is an easy graphic program for beginners, it may be a little tricky to figure out the function of each tool. When it comes to underlining text in Photoshop, you need to know where to find the key and how to use it. Below, you are about to find thorough information about text tool in Photoshop and how to underline text in this program. Check this out!
Get to Know More about Text Tool in Photoshop
Whether you are editing photos or creating graphic designs, chances are that you need to add words to the images. Photoshop comes with a versatile text tool that allows you to add words to the project. Commonly known as basic text tools, this tool allows you to make the promotional items, memes, postcards, and many others with the desired messages.
To give you a real experience of image editing, Photoshop enables you to customize its appearance. You can transform the blocks or shape of the text, including skew, curve, and others. It also lets you change the font as desired.
There are other things that you can do with the text in Photoshop. For instance, you can add text embellishment, text color, and anti-alias. The wide array text customizations allow the users to get the best out of it.
How to Add Text in Photoshop
Before underlining text in Photoshop, surely you need to add the text first. There are two ways that you can use to add text in Photoshop. Though you may use only one method, it is important to know both of them.
1. Add text using Point Text Tool
The first method to add text is using text tool. It is pretty easy to use this method. Do these steps to use Point text tool:
- Open your Photoshop, then open a new document.
- Navigate to the Text tool and click. You can also use shortcut by pressing T.
- Start typing and now you have a text in Photoshop.
2. Add text using Text Tool
The second method is using text tool. The steps are pretty similar, you only need to drag the cursor to make a rectangle.
- Open Photoshop, open another new document.
- Click Text tool, then drag to make a rectangle.
- Type your text and that’s it.
How to Underline Text in Photoshop the Right Way
Giving underline to the text is among the great features offered by this software. If you often make graphic designs or marketing materials, knowing how to underline the text is essential. It enables you to customize and modify text appearance as desired.
Are you a beginner who needs to know how to underline text within a text layer? Here, you are about to find some easy steps to do it. But make sure the text is not part of an image. It if its, make a new layer, or else you can draw an underline manually.
Pay attention to the following instructions to underline text in Photoshop:
- Open Photoshop file that contains the text to underline.
- From the Layers panel, click text layer with T letter on it.
- Click Window menu, check if there is a checkmark next to Character option. If you see the checkmark, it means the Character is already visible. If not, click to make the panel visible.
- Navigate to the toolbox, choose Type Tool.
- Select your desired text to underline.
- In the character panel, choose the Underline button with an underlined T symbol.
- Now your text is successfully underlined.
Those are simple steps of how to underline text in Photoshop. Always remember that the text must be in a layer, which means you cannot use this method to underline text that is part of the image. If you want to remove the underline, simply use the same method. You can also choose the specific text to underline and leave the others. Select the part you want to underline and leave the part you don’t want.