Since Suggest Friends feature has disappeared from Facebook, how can you connect friends on this platform? How to suggest friends on Facebook is rather complicated now but nobody says it’s impossible.
With few tricks, you can connect two unconnected friends on this social media platform. Not many people know these tricks so you’re lucky to be here. Whether you’re using smartphone, tablet, or computer, you’ll always find ways to enjoy this feature once more. Keep scrolling through the page!
Table of Contents
4 Ways to Suggest Friends on Facebook
Suggest Friends feature is gone but there are some new tricks to connect your friends. Sending profile link and group message are a great alternative that help your Facebook contacts connect with one another. Here’s how to take benefits from these new tricks.
1. Send a Profile Link using Smartphone or Tablet
You can send someone’s profile link to a Facebook contact so they can befriend even without Suggest Friends feature. If you are using a smartphone or tablet, sending a profile link is completely easy. Even if you have never done this before, you will never find difficulties doing it.
Here are steps to send a profile link using a smartphone or tablet:
- Open Facebook app on your smartphone and tablet.
- Search for a friend you want to connect. You can use the search tool and type your friend’s account name. Click to open friend’s profile.
- Tap the three-dots button next to the Message button.
- Then tap Copy Link. It should be under your friend’s Profile Link.
- Now that you have copied the link, you can paste it on Facebook Messenger. Go to other friend’s profile and tap the Message button. This will open a new message in Messenger.
- Tap and hold the typing area, a Paste option will appear. Tap Paste and your friend’s link will be pasted into the message.
- Hit the Send button with the paper airplane icon.
Your friend will receive the link. He can tap the link to open the profile of your other friend and tap Add Friend. This way, your friends can connect with each other.
2. Send a Profile Link using Browser
Just in case you haven’t installed Facebook app on your smartphone, you can send a profile link via web browser. It won’t be much different than the previous method but you need to pay attention to several things.
Follow the instructions below to send a profile link using web browser:
- Open your web browser and go to Facebook website. If you logged out in the previous session, you need to log back in. Enter your username and password.
- Once logged in, open a friend’s profile whose link you wish to send. Use search bar to instantly find your friend.
- When you’re on a friend’s profile, highlight the web address and copy the link. Use CTRL+A to highlight then press CTRL+C to copy the link.
- Go to another friend’s profile and tap the Message button. It should be on the top-right of the page.
- On the typing area, press CTRL + V to paste the link. Or, you can also right click the typing area and click Paste.
- Press Enter to send a message.
Your message will contain a clickable link. Once your friend click the link, he will be directed to your friend’s link so he can click Add Friend.
3. Send a Group Message on Smartphone
Sending a group message is a great alternative to help your unconnected friends connected. How to suggest friends on Facebook by this method? It’s as simple as creating a group consisting of friends you want to connect.
If you have a Facebook Messenger app on smartphone or tablet, follow the instructions below:
- Open Messenger app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Tap New Message with a pencil icon. It is on the top-right corner of your screen.
- Choose two friends you wish to connect. You can either scroll down or use search bar to find them. When you choose two friends, they will be added to the To field.
- Type a message to break the ice. You can introduce them or type anything you want.
- Hit the Send button. It is the one with paper airplane icon.
- After this, you can stay in the group or leave chat. If you want to leave the conversation, tap the top of the group and choose Leave Chat or Leave Group.
After you leave, your friends can still communicate with each other. But if you want to be a part of the conversation, stay in the group and enjoy the communication.
4. Send a Group Message via Web Browser
If you don’t have Facebook Messenger app on smartphone or tablet, use your computer to send a group message. Simply go to Facebook website and send your message to friends you want to connect so they can communicate in a group.
Here’s how to do that:
- Go to Facebook website in your web browser. Log in if necessary.
- In the News Feed page, click the Messenger icon on the top-right of your screen.
- Select New Message at the top-right corner.
- Add friends you want to connect by typing their name.
- Type your message in the typing area and press Enter to send.
- Now a group has been created. Once you send a message, all group members will receive your message.
You can opt to stay in the group or leave it. Please note that leaving the group means you won’t be able to see messages sent by your friends.
Although Suggest Friends feature has been removed, it doesn’t mean you cannot suggest a friend to others. How to suggest friends on Facebook using profile link and group message is pretty simple, so you can do it right now.